Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Claire...

I wanted to blog about a new chapter in my life. I was certified by the state to care for special needs individuals. How this all came about. My sisters and I met Karlee (Claire's mom) at a craftshow. Our friend Leann introduced us and we realized we had met her at a craftshow prior to this one. We all really hit it off. As we got to know Karlee we learned about her sweet daughter Claire. Claire has PKS (Pallister- Killian Syndrome) which is a chromosome abnormality, when a tetrasomy of the short arm of chromosome 12 (12p) occurs for no know reason. Clair is 12 years old. She is such a sweet girl to be around. I think we hit it off right away, I've only been around her a few times so far but I'm so loving it. Jordan has gone with me,and she just loves Claire. We play games and watch movies on our next visit we will be doing workbooks together. I'm so blessed to be apart of Claire's life she is a very sweet and special spirit, I know I will learn alot from her and I hope she will learn from me as well. Claire has an 8 year old brother named Jacob he's a real sweet boy. Karlee is an amazing mom she is so patient and loving with her kids, and she runs a business making the cutest bags. I'm looking forward to a great friendship with the whole family. Karlee say's I am a blessing to her and her family what an awsome thing to hear,and I hope she realizes what a blessing this is for me and my family.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I only know Karlee and Claire through emails, etc, but Karlee is a wonderful mom. My son has PKS also. It's a WONDERFUL thing you are doing--for Claire and for Karlee and the whole family. Thanks for doing this!